Thursday, December 19, 2013

As it happened

On Dec 19, 2013, at 1:46 PM, Jamie Foehl wrote:

Hi, it's Jamie's friend Barb here.

Jamie was brought into surgery at 1:30 and was making jokes and in good spirits when she went in.  The doctor thinks it will take 3.5 to 4 hours to complete.  I will receive updates along the way, although I'm not sure how often.  I will share more information when I get it.

On Dec 19, 2013, at 2:56 PM, Jamie Foehl wrote:

Hi All,

Apparently there was a lot of prep work involved (I was assured this is normal) so the actual procedure just began a little while ago.  I was told to expect an update in around 2 hours. Will be in touch when I hear more.

Thanks,
Team Jamie

On Dec 19, 2013, at 4:05 PM, Jamie Foehl wrote:

Just got an update that they are still working (translation: progressing without issue.) 

On Dec 19, 2013, at 5:46 PM, Jamie Foehl wrote:

The doctor just let us know that the surgery went very well!  Jamie is awake but groggy.  She is heading back up to her room momentarily.  We will have a better sense of how long it will take her to recover once the grogginess wears off.

That's it for now.

Thanks,
Team Jamie

No comments: