Saturday, October 27, 2012

I finally discovered a downside to my job

When people ask me how I lost weight my answer was simple:  Math.
(eat less + exercise more = less calories = less pounds)

I understand it's not that simple.  Lack of self-control can make getting in shape really difficult.

Self-Control is a research interest at the lab.  Many people lack self control and make choices based on the short term at the expense of the long term (earth-shattering).

I've been slacking off about working out lately.
Why?  Because sometimes I just don't feel like it - even when I know I'll be happy I went.  And, I also tell myself  "This is a very human way to feel and a very human way to act.  I think I'm not like everybody else, but I am."

This is bullshit, excusing myself like this.   I know better.  I must do better.

No comments: