Thursday, December 23, 2010

Ouchy Eye

My right eye has been hurting on and off for the last four months. I passed it off as a symptom of too much time in sealed up places like airplanes, airports, hotels, buildings with windows that don't open. So, when it was still hurting a week after I had been free of such places I made an appointment with my eye doctor.

One of his first questions was "Do you have any double vision?" Ummmm, if I were ever to get double vision again I would be walking into the nearest ER and order up an MRI.

He didn't find anything specific to explain the pain. I might have just pulled a muscle in my eye. Or stress. Or airplanes (pressure). He told me to give it two weeks (vacation time for my eye?) and if it still hurts, he'll refer me.

He took a thorough look - including dilating my eyes.

I can't really *do* much with my eyes dilated but I found myself trying to remember the tune and lyrics of an Ani DiFranco song called "Dilate."

No comments: