Saturday, October 23, 2010

"You're not supposed to talk about Party of the Right Fight Club."

This has been making its way around the internet.
I had a few dates with said man (I was a card carrying Libertarian at the time. I seduced him with it).
Fortunately, I am not said ex-girlfriend.

I am friend of said man - let's call him Todd.
I don't know Helen (though I know she went to Enloe in Raleigh).
But I know Todd.
And he's awesome.
I almost fell out my chair laughing when I watched this video.

With Todd, I'm guaranteed smart & entertaining conversation (or e-mails, now that I live in North Carolina).

Todd is my birthday twin (well, to the month and day).

Todd is on my blog roll.
(and I've had the occasional mention on his blog). He also wrote a personal ad that got the distinction of being the funniest thing I had heard all week.

If you Google Todd Seavey you'll likely get something related to C-SPAN-2. Hit "Images" and you'll get this as your first hit. The woman in the picture who is not me dated Todd and trademarked him "My Boyfriend Todd."

Todd is good at Scrabble. This means more to me now than it did in 2002 (Scrabble plays a bigger role in my life right now than I would like to admit).

Todd also played trivia in NYC (another activity that plays a bigger role in my life in North Carolina than I would like to admit).

He is one of the people I always make a point of seeing when I'm in New York City.
Of the myriad of things to do in New York Todd uncovers the least conventional but most fun.
And he'll go along with whatever, be it humming a tune while I swing dance with myself in Harlem.
.

No comments: