Monday, October 05, 2009

It's a good thing she doesn't use her feet for this procedure.

And today I meet with Dr KL, the woman who is actually going to do this cerebral angiogram thing. I arrive 15 minutes before my scheduled appointment of 11AM. I am called in by the nurse at 12:30. I really don't mind. The reception staff notified the waiting room that Dr KL had an emergency that morning and was running behind. I'm not bleeding (well, technically, I might be, but you know what I mean). I've got a book. It's a rainy Monday morning. And there's a vending machine.

I'm sure I kept folks waiting when I was in a more emergency situation. Now, they keep me waiting. It all works out.

There is something really geeky about Dr KL. In a good way. She looks at my films. I remember something about them switching tubes during my procedure and I mention it to her. She says "Oh, I won't need to do that. I can fit the tube where it needs to go. I'm good." Confidence + geekiness? I love it.

She gives me a powerpoint presentation (hard copy) about the procedure. I love it even more!

I tell her that the last CA wasn't at all pleasant. She reiterates what others have told me. Many of the symptoms I felt following the CA were related to the bleed, not the procedure. Still, Skinner and Pavlov were onto something with all that talk of associations.

I mentioned the birthday triathlon preceding the brain bleed. She asks me if I "clip in" when I ride. "Of course I do," I say. She mentions that she's kind of freaked out by it. I tell her that toe cages are more dangerous (which she knows) but there's something psychological going on with the clips she says.

Well, it's a good thing she doesn't use her feet for this procedure.

Our photoshoot is scheduled for this Thursday.

No comments: