Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Chez Jamie

I'm surprising myself by cooking and baking. I have been trying to make a Thai dish for the last two days but there is one elusive ingredient that can only be purchased at the Grand Asia market.

After getting lost (I got Buck Jones and Jones Franklin confused, really, who would put those roads so close to each other, in Cary, which is already confusing) I finally find the place, get the ingredient and the next day, make the dish.

After an initial tasting I decide to add tomatoes and basil to the mix. I cut the chicken a little more thin. Believe it or not this meal almost resembles my favorite dish at Sawatdee.

Later in the day, I bake cupcakes. Diane does the frosting. The cupcakes are for a friend who loves bugs so she goes with a ladybug theme.

This inclination to cook and bake is a little disconcerting.

No comments: