Saturday, May 23, 2009

Switchbacks

We've got all day in Saluda before the wedding. What to do? There's a sign right by our hotel that says "Rafting" so we take a quick turn expecting some sort of info or outpost right around the corner. We don't have our suits or anything but figure that we'll get the info, decide what to do and grab suits from hotel if necessary.

Yeah, 16 corners later, and by corners I mean switchbacks we're at the bottom of a really steep hill that I want to call a mountain we're at the rafting station. All I want is Dramamine.

Needless to say, there was no way I was going up that hill and back down again, go rafting and go up that hill. I eagerly asked if there was an alternate route out. There was but it was twice as long. So, up the hill we went again.

It was really one of those er "adventures" when you really ought to stop but I was convinced the rafting place really was right around the next corner. About 20 times.

No comments: