Wednesday, April 08, 2009

My Jetta Went All Herbie on Me.

Anyone who has walked with me from my car knows that I'm a bit obsessive about making sure the car is locked. I look for reassurance by asking the question "Did it beep?" (it beeps when it locks).

So, when I left my car at a parking garage in Raleigh I was damn sure it was locked. But, what I didn't realize was that it was not braked.

I was walking to trivia from parking garage and then realized I had forgotten to bring a cooking pot that Diane asked me to return to our friend Mary that night. This was the second time that night I almost forgot the pot).

When I got to the parking garage, I noticed a Jetta, much like mine just hanging out in the driving lanes, perpendicular to traffic.

Holy Shit!
That's my Jetta.

It was a surreal realization. The Jetta had rolled into another car.

I was not thinking particularly clearly so I pushed my car away from the other car (I mean, I'm a strong girl) but then realized that getting in the car and just driving it was probably a better idea.

Amazingly, there was no damage to the other car. This was verified by an honest second party.

That stressed me out and I had a few extra drinks at trivia that night. And, we did not win.

Thank goodness for that pot.

No comments: