Sunday, March 16, 2008

Lovely spring weather today. And I took advantage of it. Went to Umstead State Park and went orienteering. They had Easter candy at some of the checkpoints - what motivation! I really enjoyed the experience - it was like a walk in the woods with a purpose.

And when you're done, you get a receipt (record of your times). Oh yeah, and I learned how to use a compass, which I probably already knew how to do at one point in time (Ahem, 13 years of summer camp).

And got to use my old whistle from the lifeguarding days (well, I actually didn't use it because I didn't get lost, but I had it with me).

Didn't take any pictures along the way, but here's some of the evidence on my kitchen table.


UPDATE: I didn't take any pictures. But a Garmin GPS did. And here's the route. Can you spot the wrong turn?

No comments: