Saturday, July 28, 2007

I am at Helio's on Glenwood Avenue in Raleigh.
There are cool, young, hip people here. So, they do exist.

My computer starting to hum. Instictively, I hit it (That doesn't sound good, does it? That it's an instinct to hit something that makes noise).

It stopped humming. That's reinforcing.

I am waiting for my pal Barb. Apparently, PowerPoint skills are highly valued at our agency. Seriously, PowerPoint skills are listed as requirements for very senior positions. Personally, I would hire a temp.

My PowerPoint skills are not good. Actually, that implies I have some skill with it at all. I don't. When I interviewed they asked me about my PP skills. I said "If PowerPoint is a dealbreaker for you, I'm not your hire." I got hired.

So, Barb and I are going to learn PowerPoint on a sunnny (but hot so I don't feel guilty being inside) afternoon at Helio's.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

PowerPoint. Ugh. It robs you of brain cells. See: http://norvig.com/Gettysburg/